Wednesday, February 17, 2016

enough.

YOU are IMPORTANT.
You are ENOUGH.
 YOU are SPECIAL.
You are UNIQUE.
People can imitate but never DUPLICATE you as an individual.

For a huge portion of my life, I have believed that I am never good enough.  There is someone always doing more, being smarter, more pretty, more funny, more musical, more athletic, more dedicated.  I would take other people's successes and turn them into my failures. I would let it get to my head that I was a failure because I wasn't achieving any of those same successes, nor was I ever going to, no matter how hard I tried.  After a while, I let these thoughts become who I was.  It became my personality.  And I can say from my own experience that the qualities from this personality are not positive ones.  It comes with guilt, depression, judgement, anger, pity...all negative things.

Now you are probably expecting to hear this amazing turn around story about how strong I am now and that I no longer feel those feelings.  No, instead, this is a WAKE-UP story.  Meaning I have been recognizing and realizing what I have been feeling and why I have been feeling that way.  I am discovering who I truly am and who I want to strive to become.  I am realizing that that person is somewhere inside of me, I just need to remember and recreate that person.  I still have a long way to go, but accepting my situation and who I am is the first step in this long journey called life.  When those inner saboteurs come in and try to get me to believe that I am not good enough, or smart enough, I am telling them to get the heck out and go back to where they belong.  Because I am important, I am enough, I am special, I am unique. And no matter how hard you try, you can never be me :)

No comments: